Creating invoices in Xero saves having to create them a second time in another app. Two issues: login access and invoice templates.
I will create an invoice-only Xero login for sponsorship volunteers to use.
The invoice template can be edited at Xero Settings -> Invoice Settings
- Unfortunately we have to use Microsoft Word to edit our invoice template.
- Fortunately once we've created the invoice template it may be rare that we need to edit it again.
- OpenOffice doesn't work with Xero's invoice templates :(
Unfortunately OpenOffice doesn’t work for this as while version 3.2+ does export to the .docx format, OpenOffice also does not export the mail merge tags required for the template functionality to work.
- Xero help page on editing template
- They may support different editing of the invoice template one day: Xero feature request
- Xero's blog post explaining their choice of MS Word