Open Source Bridge/2015/Meetings/2014-12-04
Open Source Bridge 2015 Planning
04 December 2014 - via Vidyo/Skype conference
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2015/Meetings/2014-11-18
Amanda, Sumana, Kirsten, Melissa
Posted on Twitter about Calagator code sprint: https://twitter.com/osbridge/status/540603809794641920
We worked on this draft email to 2014 sponsors asking for repeat http://etherpad.stumptownsyndicate.org/p/repeat-sponsorship-osb-2015
We've been paid $3,828.24 by Eventbrite for registrations so far.
We have 24 paid registrations [20 at $175, 4 at $195], 3 volunteers, 10 community passes.
For comparison we've usually had about 20 "ridiculously early" registrations the year before the conference, plus ~5 at $175.
Hackathon, have we put anything out on social media? http://calagator.org/events/1250467398 -- Melissa posted to Twitter this afternoon.
Wording so far: We're holding a hackathon on Dec. 13th to work on conference tasks. Join us! http://calagator.org/events/1250467398
Hackathon for Open Source Bridge. Start earning your registration now. Help out with outreach, coding and documentation. This is the first of several hackathons, if this one doesn't work for you keep your eyes peeled for the next one, or fill out the survey here http://opensourcebridge.org/get-involved/ to be alerted about future volunteer opportunities.
Tasks you can help with:
- look at the sponsorship prospectus (http://opensourcebridge.org/sponsors/sponsorship/), think of communities, organizations, companies you have connections to, and send them personal emails asking them to sponsor OSB
- think of awesome diverse speakers you'd love to see talks from at OSB 2015, email them requesting a talk proposal & telling them to watch for the CfP in January
- wiki maintenance
- OpenConferenceWare improvements
- help transfer notes and tasks from Etherpad and people's minds to GitHub
- update notes on the Open Source Bridge 2014 wiki
In-meeting: Added this to Calagator entry.