Open Source Bridge/2014/Meetings/2014-03-19
Open Source Bridge Planning
19 March 2014 at Mozilla PDX
Last meeting notes: http://stumptownsyndicate.org/wiki/Open_Source_Bridge/2014/Meetings/2014-02-26
Melissa Josh Reid Christie Kirsten Amy F
CFP is open!
Let's make the "join our team" post a general update. Reid and Christie will write this.
- let's have a keynote brainstorm?
- Christie will work on Keynoters and content. Reid will help.
- Christie and Reid will start inviting folks to join
- to specific speakers - Melissa will tweet to specific people
- CFP outreach: in the past, we've contacted user groups and this hasn't happened yet this year.
- Need to at least alert local user groups; Reid will draft email.
- non-local user groups
- Organize CFP workshop - Josh & Melissa ~ beginning of April
- DONE - open cfp, blog post, twitter, mass email
Melissa is rounding up people to be on a data panel.
- 20k committed sponsorship - Trimet/Metro and Intel (Hacker Lounge)
- Intel sponsorship is in their system! I put in the invoice today so in theory we will be paid in 45 days (early May)! - Kirsten
- Reid is taking point on fundraising this year so Christie can focus on content.
- Want to explore ways to use crowd-funding.
Volunteers: The Gathering
- Josh and Melissa have been getting the word out to universities.
- Finding where to post flyers at PSU, who to talk to at other universities. FreeGeek has offered to print flyers for us.
- Companies might do volunteer matching: Intel, IBM, Meyer Memorial Trust
- Look at OPB's corporate matching list
- Reid will try to make OSB an official volunteer event for Elemental employees.
Goals: hoping to get 60 volunteers (had 40 last year)
Action items: https://github.com/osbridge/planning/issues?state=open
- Sherri has contacted Seamless, Stephouse, and brytCAST about dates for this year.
- Sherri will document what she worked on last year, so someone can take over Logistics
Set a date for the the keynote brainstorm.Christie will work on keynote ideas.
Schedule a CPF promotion event:Melissa, Reid & Kirsten will meet at Hackathon tomorrow & work on it.
- Check in with Reid for what Christie, Melissa, & Kirsten worked on in CiviCRM
- Christie & Reid: write general update (and help us!) blog post
email local user groups
- Reid: send email to past sponsors encouraging them to repeat
- Reid: find out whom to talk to at TriMet about getting passes
- Melissa & Josh: add tracking to form to find out where people come from.
check in with Mike to make sure he has everything he needs for video
Next meeting: April 2nd
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
Amy: potentially out of town June 16ish-23!