Open Source Bridge/2014/Meetings/2014-02-26
Open Source Bridge Planning
26 February 2014 at Mozilla PDX
Retrospective 2013 meeting notes: http://stumptownsyndicate.org/wiki/Meetings/OSBridge2013_retrospective
Kirsten Josh Melissa Reid Amy Christie
Schedule looks good.
Steps to open CFP
everything should be updated on new server: http://osbridge.stumptownsyndicate.org
- Do twitter things - Melissa
- Verify email aliases go to the right people and work - Kirsten
Smoke test of new server- Reid + Amy
Verify WordPress caching setup- Reid
Point DNS at new server- Reid
Set up 2014 event in OCW on new server- Kirsten
Write / update CFP text for /call-for-proposals page and blog post on new server (draft: http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/2014-cfp-opening-text)-Christie
Fix / test MyOpenID sign in issues- Reid
Publish blog post- Christie
Send email campaign- Christie
Update links on homepage sidebar- Kirsten
Write updated shared fragments with 2014 content- Reid
Upload new badges to new server- Reid
Update team page- Christie
Audit the rest of the "About Us" section- Amy
- CiviCRM is set up, but the data is still in many different places. Someone needs to dig the information up and put it in CiviCRM.
- Melissa, Kirsten, and Christie will work on this Saturday.
- High priorities include emailing Intel back.
- Reid has imported HighRise data to CiviCRM; has a bit more to import.
Reid will dedicate some time to outreach after the CFP is opened.
- Do we need to buy t-shirts this year? (no decision at this time)
- Kirsten will contact New Seasons for potential free donations. Also Bushwhackers (cider).
- We paid our deposit for the Eliot Center this week; we have very little runway.
Volunteers: The Gathering
- Josh and Melissa have created a new form (with Audrey). New, in Wufoo. Sent it out to existing volunteer contact data. So far we have 6 volunteers from that, and 6 from last year.
The plan ahead:
- Josh and Melissa will spread the word, especially at universities. Also some user groups.
- Volunteer Pokeballs
- Posters? Flyers? to post at Unis. Maybe business cards. Had 40 volunteers last year, goal is 50 this year. J&M are meeting every Wednesday and find this to be super-helpful.
- Reid can update collateral.
- Hacker room liaison, fundraiser*, logistics
- Reach out to non-local people to become organizers. (Reid/Christie to blog/tweet)
- TriMet Hackathon / Partnership / Thing
- Travel Portland / TriMet pass outreach - Melissa will do
- Bill DenBeste, raspberry pi workshop in Hacker Lounge
- can we allow him to sell the raspberry pis? yes, that's fine, as long as they're not sold while we are serving beer.
- Update: Bill wants to donate proceeds to us. He might be too busy this year to do this project, will let us know.
- another option is to sell them at registration?
- audio, video
- Kirsten has done all audio but two.
- Reid will make sure Mike knows dates for conference. Also see what he thinks about working with Coby from Confreaks.
- Melissa: Contact Travel Portland to find out how they can support conference
- Christie: Make sure Seamless has us on their calendar.
set up next meeting March 19th
copy these notes to wiki & set up github for keeping up-to-date list of TODO items. create an issue-only repo under osbridge (osbridge/planning).new issue tracking repo: https://github.com/osbridge/planning/issues?state=open
- new IRC channel for core team
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
- Amy: potentially out of town June 16ish-23!
- Christie: 4-14 March