Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-06-12
Open Source Bridge Planning
12 June 2013
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-06-05
Reid, Jacob, Josh, Craig, Kurt, Amy, Sherri, Audrey, Ben, Melissa, Christie
Need to add to schedule:
- Date of post-mortem — June 26, 7pm
- Date of Volunteer Appreciation Event — August 3, Mt. Scott Roller Rink Maybe
- $54K committed
- At last, Atlassian! Citizen level!
- Also received sponsorship commitment from Multnomah County today, Janrain Monday!
- Audrey: SAO (TAO) ??;
- Christie: ActiveState, Couchbase, Discogs, Edgelink, Emma, Gilt, OSU OSL, Yahoo;
- Kurt: AppFog, eBay, Facebook, Hurricane Electric, iovation (said 'no' but may change), Mercy Corps, Survey Monkey;
- Kristin: Meyer Foundation, XPLANE;
- Craig: Amazon, Basho, Cloudant, IBM, Jive, Linkedin, Nike, OTBC, PayPal, PIE, Rackspace, RedHat, Travel Command, Tropo (Voxeo)
- we are doing OK on budget, now that more $ has come in today. ~$3000 ahead.
- removed $1000 for party raffle prizes - do we add back in? -- wait until Monday & if we still have money, make an Amazon prime order
- party band?
Need to add to budget: errand runner, $20/hr for 2-3 hours/day, 3 days
Remind sponsors to register!
- 272 people are registered (includes 107 free + 5 community passes)
- All sponsors emailed: 13 tickets so far, 5 yet to register. 18 passes not claimed yet
- Volunteers: 22 tickets, 6 yet to register
- Speakers: 96 tickets, 17 yet to register
- Raffle tickets: 10 tickets, 5 yet to register
- PSU pre-paid passes: got emails for them today, sent passes, 7 left to register. 3 remaining passes unclaimed, as 2 paid-for students are also speakers, and 1 now can't attend.
Kirsten: make plans for selling things at registration
- get petty cash from bank
- 51¢ for party attendees? get enough rolls of quarters & pennies to do that
- also make plans for tracking party attendance: clickers?
- and make sure badges all ready to print
Content / Speakers
waitlisted speakers ?
speaker email with info they need to know - Friday, Midday http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/2013-speaker-reminder
Need to add extra sessions to OCW:
- Leigh Honeywell - Wednesday at 1:30 at B304 - No details yet
- Michael Ossmann - Wednesday at 1:30 in B204 - http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/osb13-ossmann-talk-details
- Jeff Wishnie - Thursday at 10:00 in B304 - http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/osb13-jeff-wishnie-talk-details
Mashup of Calagator + Meetup events to promote at is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjxmoBCLpFUKdF80UXY3RkJ1blAzRVAwRWVmbVcwM1E&usp=sharing
Media contact list: http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/2013-media-contacts
- Volunteer app updates: http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/volunteer-app-2013
Social media volunteers
Have ~45-50 volunteers.
Do the session chair and session runner job descriptions match what Christie and Melissa expect?
We can send a volunteer reminder email through MailChimp. Based on last year's text?
Eliot Center Walkthrough:
- Friday 4pm (probably, Sherri will confirm with Holli)
- Need to confirm Intel sign space
Supply shopping list? http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/osb13-shoppinglist
- (last year's for reference: http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/osb12-shoppinglist)
- Kirsten will inventory office supplies this weekend.
WE NEED BEERS: 2 pony kegs at most. We can spend ~$150.
- Jimmy didn't hear back from Ninkasi.
- Josh will call Hopworks
- Reid will call Cider places, no more than 1 pony keg.
- Sherri will otherwise call Bridgeport
- John's Market are assholes and might be evil
We have an organist!
- Kirsten will email organ music requests to organist, particularly keynoters. Email keynoters first.
- Kirsten will email food requests to Sherri, other special requests to core team
We will label spice levels this year, GF, soy free, and dairy options (color code!)
Tue & Wed 5:30-9pm Happy Hour
- Tues, Los Gorditos
- Weds, Nicholas
- Thurs, Veli Thai
Sherri working on -
- pastries, Voodoo
- Still working on New Seasons, Safeway (we might still have credit with Safeway)
- soda donations
- 201 - volunteers
- 202 - storage
- 203 - speakers room
- 204 - we also have for something.
- also quiet room
- also massage room = what we used for speaker room last year.
- fishbowl room - media
- staff quiet room downstairs with couches
Is there a band we can get? Melissa emailed the list to try to find one.
- Where? Entryway outside of Theory (dining hall)
What can we do to announce/promote the party to get attendees excited about it?
We need to decide on the party ticket price. Should cover catering overhead per person? $25-30? 29 party tickets sold last year. $20 - decided on.
Pick some planetarium shows.
We will scour the community for board games. -- who is coordinating, Jacob? Apparently!
- Matt Wickline? Josh sent a message. Jacob will text.
- Jacob had other people in mind as well
Raffle - see finance, above.
Citizenship award: given out at the party.
- Reid is figuring out what the award will be. Talking to Nate, maybe Jacob.
- Lego ordered!
- Community night / open house / reception / that thing we did on the first night last year?
- Communications team needs a list of hacker lounge activities and groups that are scheduled, so we can promote it.
- Added some HL events to the 2013 wiki, adding scheduled events to schedule as they are confirmed.
- Got added to HL email alias and responded to all suggestions that were forwarded to me from before I was on the alias. PRUG, Firefox OS (phone), EoP
- Bill Den Beste will run two hardware events, "a tour of electronics" and "LED primer and Q&A" and will be generally available with a pile of parts to help people understand multistable oscillators.
- Contact openhatch (Asheesh) about Tuesday event (Kurt)
We ordered sewing kits, lanyards.
- Pint glasses are here! (well, they're at the swag store, ready to be picked up)
- Water bottles will be at the swag store on Friday!
- Sewing Kits will be at Reid's house on Monday!
Reid created the program!
Audrey will also create draft outlines for daily newsletter emails (T-F of the conference)
- Send one Monday too?
TODOS from last meetings
get state of OR logo
- Kirsten: fix up Intel invoice
- Kirsten: write checks for Seamless, Stephouse deposits
- Reid will contact some waitlisted speakers tonight or tomorrow.
- Melissa and Audrey will invite media people via compticketeer
- Melissa will start a party blog post
Need to fill openings in schedule - Reid will be finalizing this soon.
Michael Ossmann open hardware talk
Thoughtworks person's talk: Jeff Wishnie
- Reid working on online ads
- Audrey will follow up on Linked In group spamming/outreach
- Start scheduling Hacker Lounge activities
- blog post about BoF scheduling
- Get quote(s) from mover(s), arrange move (Kurt)
- Send Kurt intros to people with hacker lounge ideas (Christie)
- keep sending reminders to pdx-groups
Reid will send around swag email and make it happen.
Kirsten: Need to send sponsor, speaker, media, raffle, volunteer registrations -- started.
christie and kirsten will coordinate speaker registration email text
- Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)
Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
Reid will connect Kurt with Bill Den Beste
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
NEW SHINY TODOS
- Josh to call Mt Scott Roller Skating Rink
Reid — add brytCAST logo to sponsors
- Reid — call storage unit to confirm move-in