Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-29
Open Source Bridge Planning
29 May 2013
Flight Stats, G+ Hangout
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-22
Christie, Shepherd, Kurt, Chris, Kirsten, Josh, Melissa, Craig, Jacob, Amy, Reid, Sherri
Opening and Announcements
Happy hour is this Friday! At the Green Dragon
- 132 people are registered
- $50K committed
Craig: Jeff Barr of Amazon is doing a tour that ends here; is an Amazon evangelist. Craig's working on them. Other remaining potential sponsors are pretty weak.
Content / Speakers
- Need to fill openings in schedule - Reid will be finalizing this soon.
- Michael Ossmann open hardware talk
- Thoughtworks person's talk
- Need to start placing talks in rooms. Reid will talk to Josh, who might have time to work on this.
- who is writing the invitation letter for the 2nd Taiwan BoF person?
- Reid will resend it to them.
- We need to do speaker registration.
Mashup of Calagator + Meetup events to promote at is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjxmoBCLpFUKdF80UXY3RkJ1blAzRVAwRWVmbVcwM1E&usp=sharing
Reid working on online ads
Media contact list: http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/2013-media-contacts
Scheduled for May 31: http://calagator.org/events/1250464189
Want to get banners by then
Volunteer app updates: http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/volunteer-app-2013
Chris created a new app feature replacing whiteboard volunteer schedule, so it can be updated by tablet or iPhone etc.
Discussion of who can cover volunteer management tasks.
- Kirsten will send attendance numbers to Sherri
- and sign the Stephouse Estimate
- Contacted WDI for moves; will send their quote when I get it. Need to compare with last year's move costs.
- Looking forward to intro to Bill Den Beste
- Building a list of places to find bugs to fix, things to hack on for people who don't bring their own project
- openhatch https://openhatch.org/wiki/Main_Page
We ordered stickers.
Reid needs help with the rest of swag.
- figuring out counts to order
- Kirsten is talking to Domenika about bringing massage again this year.
TODOS from last meetings
Kirsten: invoice Google
write check for Eliot Center depositneeds signature, to be mailed
- Contact remaining waitlisted speakers (Reid)
- Get quote(s) from mover(s), arrange move (Kurt)
- Send Kurt intros to people with hacker lounge ideas (Christie)
- Reid will send around swag email and make it happen.
- Kirsten: Finish setting up compticketeer for this year
- Kirsten: Need to send sponsor, speaker, media registrations
- christie and kirsten will coordinate speaker registration email text
- Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)
- Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
- keep sending reminders to pdx-groups
- Start scheduling Hacker Lounge activities
- blog post about BoF scheduling
- Reid will connect Kurt with Bill Den Beste
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
- Shepherd - June 7-10
- Christie - June ~6-10 or so (AdaCamp plus working in Mozilla HQ)
- Audrey - June 7-9