Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-15

From Stumptown Syndicate
Jump to: navigation, search

Open Source Bridge Planning

15 May 2013

Flight Stats

Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-08

Attending

Amy, Reid, Craig, Shepherd, Josh, Christie, Sherri, Melissa, Kirsten, Audrey

Opening and Announcements

Schedule Check

http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/osb13-schedule-draft

  • Need to open Volunteer Schedule
  • Need to order swag

Sponsorship/Finance

  • 109 people are registered
  • $47k committed
  • Leto's email - provide speaker gift of sample coffee!!! give coffee to eliot center to brew

Content / Speakers

  • Need to send speaker registrations
  • Want to have a speaker orientation
  • compticketeer can send custom text with the speaker registrations (to include special details or instructions)
  • christie and kirsten will coordinate
  • reid to look into EB affiliate program so we can include discount codes in speaker emails

Outreach

Mashup of Calagator + Meetup events to promote at is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjxmoBCLpFUKdF80UXY3RkJ1blAzRVAwRWVmbVcwM1E&usp=sharing

  • keep sending reminders to pdx-groups
  • tweet sessions
    • upload CSV to hootsuite
    • add registration callout to session pages

Town Hall Meeting Happy Hour

Scheduled for May 31: http://calagator.org/events/1250464189

Volunteers

Things to schedule:

Volunteer app updates:

Photo volunteers?

  • Reid is planning on taking photos, but will definitely want help for speaker coverage
  • Reid can put together a shot list and divvy up the speakers at some point closer to the event
  • Amy was thinking of soliciting volunteers for photo processing as well, perhaps having a setup at the event. (Reid is dubious.)

http://stumptownsyndicate.org/wiki/Tips_for_Photographing_Speakers

Logistics!

  • Sherri is contacting Holli to verify space, any changes, etc.
  • Have quotes from Seamless and Stephouse, no surprises relative to last year.
  • Need to decide whether we're doing two lunches or three, so Sherri can talk to caterers. Is dependent on fundraising.
  • Snacks: note that donations may be a possibility now that Stumptown Syndicate has 501(c)(3) status. Spreadsheet of places to contact: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am0sewlHx9nrdFNhZHh2WGxHZi1ad3VuR3lFaHlCS3c#gid=0
    • New Seasons has mentioned this as a blocker in the past, but it's not now!
  • Need to arrange for movers to take storage unit stuff to Eliot Center and back to storage post event

Hacker Lounge

No update this week because Kurt is out of town.

  • Find electronics parts suppliers
  • We'll use the same layout as last year, more or less.
  • Kurt has a list of projects that will be participating.

Swag

Reid will send around email and make it happen.

  • t-shirts
  • pint glasses
  • speaker gift
  • coasters
  • volunteer patch
  • stickers
  • Banners

Updates

Storage unit

  • if you pull the couches out, you can walk in and see most things (the couches are interlocked in a complicated way)
  • there are boxes in front with supplies we've been using for Barcamp etc, old tshirts
  • we know we have office supplies in front: unconf supplies & registration supplies
  • banners are on top. If someone goes by the storage unit soon, pull out the small one for Melissa for the happy hour.
  • other boxes are in the back and hard to get to

Reid thinks we can wait until Monday load-in to inventory the office supplies, and is willing to be present to tell movers what to take and what to leave behind. May not need to bring to OSB: red couch, 8 folding tables & lighting bought for wherecamp.

  • should ask storage unit about availability for a larger unit

TODOS from last meetings

  • Schedule Oregon Screen Print visit (Reid)
  • Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)
  • Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
  • Kirsten: invoice Intel!
  • email blast announcing schedule
  • make keynotes appear on schedule
  • enable BoF/HL scheduling
  • Start scheduling BoFs and Hacker Lounge activities
  • blog post about BoF scheduling
  • Audrey send Taiwan attendee contact info to Craig
  • Craig send letter (email?) of invitation to Taiwan attendees
  • Reid and Audrey to look at t-shirts THIS WEEK.
  • Reid will connect Kurt with Bill Den Beste
  • Design Work
    • Business card printing
    • Outreach promotion
  • Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
  • Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
  • Merge notes on sponsorship process and post on wiki (Kirsten)

http://stumptownsyndicate.org/wiki/Procedures/Sponsorship

  • Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred

NEW SHINY TODOS

  • Set-up walk-through at OMSI, particularly for Reid

Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?

  • Shepherd - June 7-10
  • Craig - May 17-22
  • Christie - June ~6-10 or so (AdaCamp plus working in Mozilla HQ)
  • Audrey - June 7-9