Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-15
Open Source Bridge Planning
15 May 2013
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-08
- 1 Attending
- 2 Opening and Announcements
- 3 Schedule Check
- 4 Sponsorship/Finance
- 5 Content / Speakers
- 6 Outreach
- 7 Town Hall Meeting Happy Hour
- 8 Volunteers
- 9 Logistics!
- 10 Hacker Lounge
- 11 Swag
- 12 Updates
- 13 TODOS from last meetings
- 14 NEW SHINY TODOS
- 15 Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
Amy, Reid, Craig, Shepherd, Josh, Christie, Sherri, Melissa, Kirsten, Audrey
Opening and Announcements
- Matthew's memorial is on Saturday, 5/18 http://rememberingmatthew.com/
- Kirsten filed our tax returns!
- Need to open Volunteer Schedule
- Need to order swag
- 109 people are registered
- $47k committed
- Leto's email - provide speaker gift of sample coffee!!! give coffee to eliot center to brew
Content / Speakers
- Need to send speaker registrations
- Want to have a speaker orientation
- compticketeer can send custom text with the speaker registrations (to include special details or instructions)
- christie and kirsten will coordinate
- reid to look into EB affiliate program so we can include discount codes in speaker emails
Mashup of Calagator + Meetup events to promote at is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjxmoBCLpFUKdF80UXY3RkJ1blAzRVAwRWVmbVcwM1E&usp=sharing
- keep sending reminders to pdx-groups
- tweet sessions
- upload CSV to hootsuite
- add registration callout to session pages
Town Hall Meeting Happy Hour
Scheduled for May 31: http://calagator.org/events/1250464189
Things to schedule:
- OSB Volunteer Luncheon Meetup - 5/20 12-1pm http://calagator.org/events/1250464221
- volunteer orientations (2x)
- another happy hour?
- volunteer appreciation party - mt scott roller rink + picnic area => http://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/426790
Volunteer app updates:
- Volunteer schedule app is being ready to be tested, yay!
- Chris Freeman is back on Friday
- Reid is planning on taking photos, but will definitely want help for speaker coverage
- Reid can put together a shot list and divvy up the speakers at some point closer to the event
- Amy was thinking of soliciting volunteers for photo processing as well, perhaps having a setup at the event. (Reid is dubious.)
- Sherri is contacting Holli to verify space, any changes, etc.
- Have quotes from Seamless and Stephouse, no surprises relative to last year.
- Need to decide whether we're doing two lunches or three, so Sherri can talk to caterers. Is dependent on fundraising.
- Snacks: note that donations may be a possibility now that Stumptown Syndicate has 501(c)(3) status. Spreadsheet of places to contact: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am0sewlHx9nrdFNhZHh2WGxHZi1ad3VuR3lFaHlCS3c#gid=0
- New Seasons has mentioned this as a blocker in the past, but it's not now!
- Need to arrange for movers to take storage unit stuff to Eliot Center and back to storage post event
No update this week because Kurt is out of town.
- Find electronics parts suppliers
- We'll use the same layout as last year, more or less.
- Kurt has a list of projects that will be participating.
Reid will send around email and make it happen.
- pint glasses
- speaker gift
- volunteer patch
- if you pull the couches out, you can walk in and see most things (the couches are interlocked in a complicated way)
- there are boxes in front with supplies we've been using for Barcamp etc, old tshirts
- we know we have office supplies in front: unconf supplies & registration supplies
- banners are on top. If someone goes by the storage unit soon, pull out the small one for Melissa for the happy hour.
- other boxes are in the back and hard to get to
Reid thinks we can wait until Monday load-in to inventory the office supplies, and is willing to be present to tell movers what to take and what to leave behind. May not need to bring to OSB: red couch, 8 folding tables & lighting bought for wherecamp.
- should ask storage unit about availability for a larger unit
TODOS from last meetings
- Schedule Oregon Screen Print visit (Reid)
- Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)
- Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
Kirsten: invoice Intel!
email blast announcing schedule
make keynotes appear on schedule
- enable BoF/HL scheduling
- Start scheduling BoFs and Hacker Lounge activities
- blog post about BoF scheduling
Audrey send Taiwan attendee contact info to Craig
Craig send letter (email?) of invitation to Taiwan attendees
- Reid and Audrey to look at t-shirts THIS WEEK.
- Reid will connect Kurt with Bill Den Beste
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
Merge notes on sponsorship process and post on wiki (Kirsten)
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
NEW SHINY TODOS
- Set-up walk-through at OMSI, particularly for Reid
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
- Shepherd - June 7-10
- Craig - May 17-22
- Christie - June ~6-10 or so (AdaCamp plus working in Mozilla HQ)
- Audrey - June 7-9