Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-08
Open Source Bridge Planning
8 May 2013
At Flight Stats and G+ Hangout
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-01
Amy, Audrey, Christie, Craig, Kirsten, Kurt, Melissa, Reid, Shepherd, Sherri
Opening and Announcements
Stumptown Syndicate is now a 501(c)(3). Contributions are now tax-deductible.
- Talk schedule is posted.
106 people are registered.
- Intel has agreed to sponsor the hacker lounge. We should invoice them now, because their P.O. process is complex.
- Appcellerator is in.
- Adobe is interested in sponsoring; new sponsor! I'm (Kurt) having lunch at Adobe next Wednesday.
- Updated sponsorship spreadsheet; more details are there.
Total so far: $41,000. Need about $25k more.
Do we have time to do more direct email contact with user groups (local & elsewhere)? http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/2013-user-group-outreach
Mashup of Calagator + Meetup events to promote at is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjxmoBCLpFUKdF80UXY3RkJ1blAzRVAwRWVmbVcwM1E&usp=sharing
- Updated sponsorship PDFs are now linked to on the web site.
- Add keynotes to schedule
- Write email blast about schedule announcement
- Write email blast about 501c3
- Start BoF and hacker lounge scheduling
- Write blog post about BoF scheduling
- Use AdWords credit
- Send Pam the 'go' signal to get in front of Mike Rogoway
Town Hall Meeting
Syndicate happy hour this Friday at Green Dragon, 4-6pm. If it goes well, let's do another in a couple of weeks - on May 31st.
We'll get the volunteer schedule open around the 15th, and be able to help answer questions about this at the event on the 31st.
Volunteer Happy Hour, Friday 5/31: http://calagator.org/events/1250464189
Estimate received from Seamless. Similar to last year.
- Find electronics parts suppliers
- We'll use the same layout as last year, more or less.
- Kurt has a list of projects that will be participating.
- Reid will connect Kurt with Bill Den Beste.
- Need to go back in time and start some orders last week. ;)
- Audrey and Reid will work on this tonight.
- Coasters (for party) and pint glasses.
- Speaker gift.
- New tshirts.
TODOS from last meetings
Town Hall Meeting May 8th. Finding a place. (Emailing Lily from the IPRC )
Rent Lucky Lab space for town hall (Melissa, Shepherd) Ask SE first, 7pm start time, rent from 6-9pm *We need to pick a new date for this*
- Schedule Oregon Screen Print visit (Reid)
- Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)
- Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
- Future Work Sprints
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Merge notes on sponsorship process and post on wiki (Kirsten)
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
NEW SHINY TODOS
Kirsten: invoice Intel!
- Start scheduling BoFs and Hacker Lounge activities
- email blast announcing schedule
- make keynotes apear on schedule
- enable BoF/HL scheduling
- Audrey send Taiwan attendee contact info to Craig
- Craig send letter (email?) of invitation to Taiwan attendees
- Reid and Audrey to look at t-shirts THIS WEEK.
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
- Melissa —
first week in Junecanceled!
- Shepherd - June 8-10
- Craig - May 17-22
- Christie - June ~6-10 or so (AdaCamp plus working in Mozilla HQ)
- Audrey - June 7-9