Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-05-01
Open Source Bridge Planning
1 May 2013
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-04-24
Amy, Christie, Craig, Kurt, Melissa, Reid, Shepherd, Kirsten
- Reid finalizing schedule, getting ready to announce.
- Reid sent notifications for proposals not chosen.
- Got a response from SurveyMonkey, getting referred to the right people
- Contacted HP cloud group, waiting for a response.
- Canonical's budget cycle was a couple months ago, so they have allocated all sponsorship money at this point. They would like to help next year.
- Reid is working with Intel, emailed last week, contact is supposed to be back from vacation this week.
104 people are registered.
- We need to contact local user groups, then target specific groups elsewhere.
http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/2013-user-group-outreach (Kirsten did this 4/30)
- Mashup of Calagator + Meetup events to promote at is here:
- Announce town hall date shortly
- Volunteer appreciation party in July
- Talking to folks about volunteer coordination assistance
- Need to start some orders this week.
TODOS from last meetings
- Town Hall Meeting May 8th. Finding a place. (Emailing Lily from the IPRC )
Send notice to pdxgroups about user group discount and 1 raffle ticket per group.
- Rent Lucky Lab space for town hall (Melissa, Shepherd) Ask SE first, 7pm start time, rent from 6-9pm *We need to pick a new date for this*
- Merge notes on sponsorship process and post on wiki (Kirsten)
- Schedule Oregon Screen Print visit (Reid)
- Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)
- Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
- Future Work Sprints
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
- Melissa — first week in June
- Jacob - May 3rd-5th (possibly earlier)
- Audrey - May 1-3
- Shepherd - June 8-10
- Craig - May 17-22