Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-04-24
Open Source Bridge Planning
24 April 2013
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-04-17
Amy, Christie, Craig, Kirsten, Reid, Shepherd
- Speakers contacted, almost all confirmed now.
- Reid finalizing schedule, getting ready to announce.
- All keynote speakers announced
- Sponsorship committee met Friday 4/19
- New sponsors: Heroku!
- I talked to Chuck about sponsors, and he agreed to connect me to Portland Code School's sponsors, including Crowd Compass.
- I'm also meeting with the person responsible for putting on the big GigaOm tech conference tomorrow morning.
102 people are registered. Twice as many as last year this time.
We need to contact local user groups, then target specific groups elsewhere. http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/2013-user-group-outreach
Mashup of Calagator + Meetup events to promote at is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjxmoBCLpFUKdF80UXY3RkJ1blAzRVAwRWVmbVcwM1E&usp=sharing
- Announce town hall date shortly
- Come up with a proposal for the volunteer appreciation party in July
- Talking to folks about volunteer coordination assistance
- Need to start some orders this week.
- Reid has been sketching designs.
- Kurt: I have John's docs and notes from last year regarding the shopping lists and furniture arrangements.
- The Hacker Lounge fact sheet is done, for some definitions of done, and has been sent to Canonical (at their request). Craig has ODT and PDF versions; how to distribute?
Kurt: My commercial realtor is out of town, but will review options for central low-cost office and storage space later this week. I also have a connection at the Custom House, and will ask if they want to be seen helping a well-loved local non-profit. :)
Melissa made promotional posts this week.
TODOS from last meetings
- Town Hall Meeting Rescheduling [do we still need this?] May 8th. Finding a place. (Emailing Lily from the IPRC)
- Send notice to pdxgroups about user group discount and 1 raffle ticket per group.
Jacob: will check if we can meet in person at Elemental next week.
Kirsten: fix google hangout link in calendar invite
- Rent Lucky Lab space for town hall (Melissa, Shepherd) Ask SE first, 7pm start time, rent from 6-9pm *We need to pick a new date for this*
Review text template for emailing accepted speakers
- Merge notes on sponsorship process and post on wiki (Christie, Kirsten)
Put together a Google Doc spreadsheet for user group outreach (Craig)
- Schedule Oregon Screen Print visit (Reid)
- Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)
- Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
- Future Work Sprints
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
- Melissa — first week in June
- Jacob - May 3rd-5th (possibly earlier)
- Audrey - May 1-3
- Shepherd - late may (tentative)