Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-04-03
Open Source Bridge Planning
3 April 2013
At Elemental Technologies and G+ Hangout
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-03-27
Audrey, Reid, Kirsten, Christie, Amy, Benh, Jacob, Melissa, Shepherd, Kurt, Sherri, Craig
Kurt is joining us to work on the hacker lounge.
Closed CFP, Content Selection ctte meets Saturday
Early Registration ends tonight.
Keynote speakers: Need to invite a third keynoter
Content Committee: Need to email people and tell them to vote
Christie, Reid, Amy, Audrey, Ben, Jacob, Leigh, Schwern, Noirin, Jim, Ian
Some (7) more people registered this week.
We need to contact local user groups, then target specific groups elsewhere.
Send volunteers to specific meetings to promote the conference.
Craig will coordinate.
Reach out to Mike Rogoway? or Business Journal? Pam Abrahamson?
How to pitch it? Business-oriented angle
Invite press contacts now! (Not last-minute) After speakers are chosen!
contact ACM at PSU - http://acm.pdx.edu/
PNCA classes on hardware
Clark College in Vancouver
Ask Teri about outreach at Reed College
Megan at OMSI has confirmed receipt of the deposit (thanks to Kirsten for delivering). Although contract has notation about selling tickets and not-for-profit status, it is not a problem for us to charge additional money for the event and/or offer +1 tickets (she and I brainstormed a couple of ideas for "guest" stickers for these tickets)
Have requested quote from Seamless and ensured we're on their event calendar. We can review quote, perhaps next week, to see if there's any changes we want to make.
We talked after conference last year about possibly keeping extension cords in hacker lounge through Friday. Or alternative plan of providing more of our own?
Also have got the ball rolling with Stephouse. My assumption is that we'll want the same as last year (no wi-fi during load-in, wi-fi through load-out on Friday late afternoon).
Lunch 2 days, instead of 3, with a "go eat at the carts" day? Money toward party, could be same day as party.
Lunch: Vele Thai? Los Gorditos?
- Glass pint glasses for everyone, metal "glasses" for speakers, new stickers
- T-shirts! (Christie will a schedule a field trip, Reid and Audrey will attend)
- Massive qualtities of LEGO
TODOS from last meetings
get blog post written announcing first Keynote
get blog post written announcing second Keynote
- Christie and Melissa: brainstorm re: blog posts, executing promotional strategy.
- Town Hall Meeting Rescheduling [do we still need this?]
schedule next meeting April 3rd in person meeting + Google hangout
Kirsten: request check for $3455 for OMSI through bookkeeper. Pay before April 1st.
Reid: talk to Melissa about keynote announcement
Kirsten: audit list of OCW users who can vote on proposals, then open voting
Kirsten: let the 2 people add their late proposals
Reid: fill out Klean Kanteen form to look into ordering bottles/pints
- Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
- Future Work Sprints
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
Reid: Turn today's CFP email into blog post, add note about proposal help at hackathon tomorrow
NEW SHINY TODOS
Email content selection committee about voting on talks
- Rent Lucky Lab space for town hall (Melissa, Shepherd) Ask SE first, 7pm start time, rent from 6-9pm
- Review text template for emailing accepted speakers
- Merge notes on sponsorship process and post on wiki (Christie, Kirsten)
- Put together a Google Doc spreadsheet for user group outreach (Craig)
- Schedule Oregon Screen Print visit (Christie)
- Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
- Melissa — week of May 15, first week in June
- Jacob - May 3rd-5th (possibly earlier)
- Audrey - last week of April, 2-3 days TBD