Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-04-03

From Stumptown Syndicate
Jump to: navigation, search

Open Source Bridge Planning

3 April 2013

At Elemental Technologies and G+ Hangout

Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-03-27

Attending

Audrey, Reid, Kirsten, Christie, Amy, Benh, Jacob, Melissa, Shepherd, Kurt, Sherri, Craig

Announcements

Kurt is joining us to work on the hacker lounge.

Closed CFP, Content Selection ctte meets Saturday

Early Registration ends tonight.

Schedule Check

http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/osb13-schedule-draft

Keynote speakers: Need to invite a third keynoter

Content Committee: Need to email people and tell them to vote

Christie, Reid, Amy, Audrey, Ben, Jacob, Leigh, Schwern, Noirin, Jim, Ian

Sponsorship/Finance

Some (7) more people registered this week.

Outreach

We need to contact local user groups, then target specific groups elsewhere.

http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/2013-user-group-outreach

Send volunteers to specific meetings to promote the conference.

Craig will coordinate.

Media

Reach out to Mike Rogoway? or Business Journal? Pam Abrahamson?

How to pitch it? Business-oriented angle

Invite press contacts now! (Not last-minute) After speakers are chosen!

Volunteers

contact ACM at PSU - http://acm.pdx.edu/

PNCA classes on hardware

Clark College in Vancouver

Ask Teri about outreach at Reed College

Party

Megan at OMSI has confirmed receipt of the deposit (thanks to Kirsten for delivering). Although contract has notation about selling tickets and not-for-profit status, it is not a problem for us to charge additional money for the event and/or offer +1 tickets (she and I brainstormed a couple of ideas for "guest" stickers for these tickets)

Logistics Update

Have requested quote from Seamless and ensured we're on their event calendar. We can review quote, perhaps next week, to see if there's any changes we want to make.

We talked after conference last year about possibly keeping extension cords in hacker lounge through Friday. Or alternative plan of providing more of our own?

Also have got the ball rolling with Stephouse. My assumption is that we'll want the same as last year (no wi-fi during load-in, wi-fi through load-out on Friday late afternoon).

Catering Logistics

Lunch 2 days, instead of 3, with a "go eat at the carts" day? Money toward party, could be same day as party.

Lunch: Vele Thai? Los Gorditos?

Swag

  • Glass pint glasses for everyone, metal "glasses" for speakers, new stickers
  • T-shirts! (Christie will a schedule a field trip, Reid and Audrey will attend)
  • Massive qualtities of LEGO

TODOS from last meetings

  • get blog post written announcing first Keynote
  • get blog post written announcing second Keynote
  • Christie and Melissa: brainstorm re: blog posts, executing promotional strategy.
  • Town Hall Meeting Rescheduling [do we still need this?]
  • schedule next meeting April 3rd in person meeting + Google hangout
  • Kirsten: request check for $3455 for OMSI through bookkeeper. Pay before April 1st.
  • Reid: talk to Melissa about keynote announcement
  • Kirsten: audit list of OCW users who can vote on proposals, then open voting
  • Kirsten: let the 2 people add their late proposals
  • Reid: fill out Klean Kanteen form to look into ordering bottles/pints
  • Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
  • Future Work Sprints
  • Design Work
    • Business card printing
    • Outreach promotion
  • Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
  • Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
  • Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
  • Reid: Turn today's CFP email into blog post, add note about proposal help at hackathon tomorrow

NEW SHINY TODOS

  • Email content selection committee about voting on talks
  • Rent Lucky Lab space for town hall (Melissa, Shepherd) Ask SE first, 7pm start time, rent from 6-9pm
  • Review text template for emailing accepted speakers
  • Merge notes on sponsorship process and post on wiki (Christie, Kirsten)
  • Put together a Google Doc spreadsheet for user group outreach (Craig)
  • Schedule Oregon Screen Print visit (Christie)
  • Initiate sponsorship request with StickerGiant (Christie)


Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?

  • Melissa — week of May 15, first week in June
  • Jacob - May 3rd-5th (possibly earlier)
  • Audrey - last week of April, 2-3 days TBD