Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-03-27
Open Source Bridge Planning
27 March 2013
Last meeting notes: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-03-20
Reid, Kirsten, Jacob, Christie, Amy, Audrey, Shepherd
- Schedule check HAHAHA
Announce CFP closed now, announce keynotes. Get this out by tomorrow, b/c early-bird ends 3/31 (Sunday).
Need to get Selection ctte nailed down now if we're going to convene on 6th. Christie will email folks we want to reach out to.
Keynote speakers: contacted, 2 confirmed
Content Committee: (Schwern would like to be on this committee too -MC)
can use FlightStats for meeting (as backup location). Jacob will check on using Elemental office.
From this group: Amy, Christie, Audrey, and Jacob want to be included. Ben, Noirin are also interested. Jimmy? Leigh, Schwern
See list compiled from 2/27: Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-02-27
closed with ~220 proposals. Read 'em.
Allow Jared Boone & person whose proposal was 1 min late to add proposals? Decided yes.
Turn on voting? Yes.
Turn on voting for: Christie, Reid, Amy, Audrey, Ben, Jacob, Leigh, Schwern, Norin, Jim
Any new sponsors this week?
- New Relic
- SEOMoz - ?
- Thetus - waiting to hear from us
- LivingSocial - not this year
49 people are registered. A little more than last year this time.
- User group outreach, discount codes
- Registration promotion. Printed materials may be helpful here /if/ we have a plan for distributing them.
- Contact specific classes/teachers about the conference and CFP, plus volunteer opportunities
- BarCamp. Shepherd will have flyers.
- More Lunch 2.0 attendance for promotions
- Audrey looking at volunteer tracking tools for the Syndicate.
- Shepherd & Chris talking about volunteer management app. Planning to get ready for people to sign up by mid-to-late May.
We need to plan to pay 50% deposit on space on April 1st ($3455)
deposit is non-refundable.
We want to pay this to reserve the space, even though we are low on funds right now.
Last year's party attendance: ~285 (determined by number of raffle tickets given out).
- Need to start figuring this out soon because of ordering deadlines.
- socks. socks with and without toes.
- Sock It To Me does custom socks, but you have to order 1200 pairs. Nonetheless:
- Need to start looking at new t-shirts. Christie has a company name - Elegant Stitches? http://www.elegantstitches.net/ ? port & company? Christie has other ideas
anvil better than gildan
- speaker gift - klean kanteen bottles (180 min order)? steel pints (90 min)? look into these.
- flasks? lasers? flasks with lasers?
- 3-d printed ? citizen awards?
- track jackets for staff (remember it will be June)
- what to do with backlog of shirts? reduce price a lot
- crafty people could make them into pillows. Or quilts.
- tailor our order this year based on what has sold before.
- look at square records, do some math, there's a spreadsheet?
- swag for attendees - tote bags? stadium blankets? pinnaclepromotions.com
TODOS from last meetings
- get blog post written announcing first Keynote
- get blog post written announcing second Keynote
- Christie and Melissa: brainstorm re: blog posts, executing promotional strategy.
- Town Hall Meeting Rescheduling
- Future Work Sprints
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine.
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
Reid: Turn today's CFP email into blog post, add note about proposal help at hackathon tomorrow
NEW SHINY TODOS
- schedule next meeting April 3rd - in person meeting + Google hangout
- Kirsten: request check for $3455 for OMSI through bookkeeper. Pay before April 1st.
- Reid: talk to Melissa about keynote announcement
- Kirsten: audit list of OCW users who can vote on proposals, then open voting
- Kirsten: let the 2 people add their late proposals
- Reid: fill out Klean Kanteen form to look into ordering bottles/pints
- Reid: order large batches of Lego on eBay (or wholesale) for the hacker lounge
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
- Melissa — week of May 15, first week in June
- Jacob - May 3rd-5th (possibly earlier)