Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-03-20
Open Source Bridge Planning
20 March 2013
Last meeting notes: http://stumptownsyndicate.org/wiki/Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-03-13
Christie, Jacob, Kirsten, Reid, Audrey, Melissa
- Schedule check
Keynote speakers: contacted, (2 have confirmed so far!)
Content Committee: (Schwern would like to be on this committee too -MC)
- can use FlightStats for meeting (double-check with Amy)
Closes this Saturday.
Email was sent today reminding of closing CFP, sponsoring, 2012 audio.
- Rentrak - advocate
- ElevatedCode - friend
- SEOMoz - ?
- Puppet - no :(
possible Thetus, LivingSocial
46 people are registered. About the same as last year this time.
- User group outreach, discount codes
- Registration promotion. Printed materials may be helpful here /if/ we have a plan for distributing them.
- Contact specific classes/teachers about the conference and CFP, plus volunteer opportunities
- More Lunch 2.0 attendance for promotions
Audrey looking at volunteer tracking tools for the Syndicate.
Talked about installing CiviCRM on top of our Wordpress install. Might be possible, might be a bad idea. Need to keep working on this.
We need to plan to pay 50% deposit on space on April 1st ($3455)
Ok, we want to pay this to reserve the space, even though we are low on funds right now.
Amy posted blog post about missed emails. Tweeted.
TODOS from last meetings
- Christie and Melissa: brainstorm re: blog posts, executing promotional strategy.
- Town Hall Meeting Rescheduling
- Future Work Sprints
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
- Conference planning how-tos: Other conference organizers have been asking me questions lately, but I can't find a few things on the Stumptown Wiki, if someone could help me out. Thanks! -MC
NEW SHINY TODOS
- Reid: Turn today's CFP email into blog post, add note about proposal help at hackathon tomorrow
- Need to start looking at new t-shirts. Christie has a company name - Elegant Stitches?
- schedule next meeting March 27th
- get blog post written announcing first Keynote
- get blog post written announcing second Keynote
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when?
Melissa — week of May 15, first week in June