Open Source Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-03-13
Open Source Bridge Planning 13 March 2013 G+ Hangout
Last meeting notes: http://stumptownsyndicate.org/wiki/Open_Source_Bridge/2013/Meetings/2013-03-06
Kirsten Reid Amy (flying) Melissa Jacob (walking) Audrey Christie Shepherd Ben
- Schedule check
- Christie's suggestions — first on list being contacted
Closes in 10 days. (23d)
We need to promote more!!
Remind people via mass email. Email can also have year 5 fun, party announcement, sponsorship request.
I've started some notes about this, including some extra things that Melissa wrote that didn't end up in the extension blog post: http://etherpad.opensourcebridge.org/osb13-cfp-extension-newsletter
At some point, we may be able to determine last year's attendance from raffle tickets that are buried in storage.
There were at most 360 people = 330 attendees who could attend party + 29 tickets.
- Rentrak - advocate
- ElevatedCode - friend
- SEOMoz - ?
- Puppet - ?
Will promote more at Lunch 2.0 tomorrow.
As of today, 38 people are registered. About the same as last year this time.
- User group outreach, discount codes
- CFP promotion (window closing soon!)
- Registration promotion. Printed materials may be helpful here /if/ we have a plan for distributing them.
- Contact specific classes/teachers about the conference and CFP, plus volunteer opportunities
Did blog post re: CFP extension.
Starting posts on diversity, hiring practices.
Let Melissa know if you have ideas and she'll add them to the editorial calendar.
Audrey looking at volunteer tracking tools for the Syndicate.
Amy has a minimal draft post about missed emails: http://opensourcebridge.org/?p=3173&preview=true
TODOS from last meetings
- contact potential Keynote speakers
- Reid: get mass email re: CFP written and sent.
- Content Committee: start selecting people
✔ Amy: blog post re: missed emails. Audrey to collaborate.
- Christie: schedule some tweets re: CFP
- Christie and Melissa: brainstorm re: blog posts, executing promotional strategy.
✔ Compile list of conferences in Portland; Reid will reach out to organizers for cross-promotions
- Town Hall Meeting Rescheduling
- Future Work Sprints
- Design Work
- Business card printing
- Outreach promotion
- Kirsten: look into removing old Redmine
- Kirsten: invoice Rentrak
- Kirsten: document tech info on Syndicate wiki
- Reid: contact Rick about getting opensourcebridge.org domain transferred
✔ schedule next meeting March 13th
NEW SHINY TODOS
✔ schedule next meeting March 20th
Upcoming Travel Schedule: Who's out of town when? Melissa — week of May 15, first week in June