Open Source Bridge/2012/Party Brainstorming
- 1 Date
- 2 Food
- 3 Activities
- 4 Decor
- 5 Transportation!
- 6 Venues
- 6.1 Unnamed SW Location
- 6.2 Refuge PDX 116 SE Yamhill St.
- 6.3 The Old Church
- 6.4 Urban Studio
- 6.5 OMSI
- 6.6 Bossanova Ballroom
- 6.7 Misc
- 6.8 Adriana Ballroom
- 6.9 Crown Ballroom
- 6.10 Ecotrust
- 6.11 The Bison Building
- 6.12 Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- 6.13 Atrium at Montgomery Park
- 6.14 Laurelhurst Club
- 6.15 Vintage Plaza Hotel
- 6.16 World Forestry Center
- 6.17 Oregon Historical Society
- 6.18 Scottish Rite center
- 6.19 Holocene
- 6.20 Left Bank
- 6.21 castaway
- 6.22 Treasury Ballroom
- 6.23 West End Ballroom
- 6.24 Portland Spirit
- 6.25 Other Ideas
Thursday: June 28th
- The Vegan Caterer?
- Back to Eden
- Give out Citizenship Awards
- photobooth! thanks to John!
- http://www.openphotobooth.com/download.php open source, but windows-based only
- http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/ windows or mac?
- http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Portable-Wedding-Photo-Booth/ (with DSLR Remote Pro)
- Luz http://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/luz/ ?
- http://www.kirbykracklemusic.com/ geek band
- Rock Band?
- open source DDR
- trivia with prizes — http://www.zazzle.com/open+source+magnets
- raffle with prizes — ask sponsors
- scavenger hunt?
- contact Dorkbot people for other entertainment ideas?
- make the osb logo out of old 3.5in floppy disks
- glowstick "lamps" (need jars with lids + water + glowsticks)
- Budget for Group Party - Outsource to John Sova - Contact with Shepherd, low-med-high
- 5,000 too much, 2,000 maybe, 1,000 yes.
- Some one to lead a walk and/or bike ride.
- Public transit — Super easy bus ride to the party venue: http://trimet.org/go/cgi-bin/itin.pl?action=entry&resptype=U&lang=t&Walk=0.9999&Orig=1226+SW+Salmon+Street&Dest=116+SE+Yamhill+St.&Arr=D&Hour=6&Minute=04&AmPm=pm&month=Jun&day=28&today=2012%2F06%2F13&Min=T&submit=Plan+trip
Unnamed SW Location
check availability/cost of SW location
Contact: Jay Ternberg (503) 320-4570; email@example.com
capacity: up to 200, rated by city at 230.
Wide open in June
Paddy's next door could cater
Someone would work the door
$500/weekend; deal during weekday: $300 + cleaning deposit, plus $50 for door person
Refuge PDX 116 SE Yamhill St.
Contact: Maria (503) 516-5206
Available Tuesday and Thursday.
Capacity is 850. Has full PA, lighting and sound techs.
Typical nonprofit rates start at $2500 all inclusive, depending on hours, guest number, and needs.
Can bring any catering of choice to the space.
Questions for us:
How many folks are you looking to host? How many hours are you thinking and would this be an adult-oriented evening or would you have minors?
For 21+, Thursday, June 28th, from 3pm to midnight.
Details: We will bring in our own catering, have a DJ, and estimating at most 500 guests.
With us paying for an open bar: $5500 (includes space, security, lighting, sound, and 300 drink tickets)
For all the above, minus alcohol: $2700 (people pay at bar themselves)
For a combination: $3500
The Old Church
Monday through Thursday 8am to 11am and 3pm to 5pm. $60 per hour
Monday through Thursday, 5pm to 11pm. $100 per hour
Non-Profit 501C3 businesses receive a $15 per hour discount
10th & NW Davis
contracted with Pearl Catering? Need to call to see if waivable.
occupancy: 200 seated, 300 cocktail style
near street car line, walkable from Eliot Center
required to use Pearl Catering http://www.pearlcateringpdx.com/urbanstudio/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/Appetizers-Packages1.pdf
only available Tuesday, June 26th
exclusive catering with Bon Appétit
prices range from $1,200 (300 capacity auditorium or courtyard) to $3,000 (350 capacity turbine hall) and other options, probably want to reserve more than one hall.
"we can offer a combined rate if you choose to use multiple spaces".
submarine is $450/hour, omnimax $1,900 (305 people), planetarium $1,200 (195 people). :)
Nancy? Kirsten will contact.
750 person capacity
most have catering preferences
The ballroom accommodates up to 350 guests. Events held include wedding ceremonies and receptions, corporate and private celebrations, dances, holiday parties, proms, auctions and more.
We provide OLCC licensed bartenders. The ballroom has general and liquor liability insurance.
918 SW Yamhill - 2nd Floor, Portland OR 97205. | .Tel: 503.227.6285
Julian Wilde or Raven Wilde at 503.227.8440
free Wednesday & Thursday, but other event Tuesday in conference center.
721 NW 9th Avenue Suite 200
The Bison Building
I went to an event here a few years ago, but they don't rent it out regularly anymore.
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Atrium at Montgomery Park
Vintage Plaza Hotel
catering lock-in with Pazzo http://www.vintageplaza.com/vpzdini
World Forestry Center
Oregon Historical Society
The Heathman Restaurant and Bar is now the exclusive caterer for the Oregon Historical Society!
A final walk-through with the Event Coordinator, client, caterer and any additional vendors, should be planned at least 30 days in advance of the event. This is an opportunity to discuss the details of your event; including delivery schedules, equipment placement, and catering particulars. One week out from the event a guaranteed number of guests is to be provided to the OHS Event Coordinator.
Scottish Rite center
Price Range varies according to event, day of week and time.
A $250 deposit is required to reserve the date. Payment in full is required two weeks prior to the event.
The annex totals over 14,000 SF of usable space on two floors
503.928.6437 or fill out a form
101 north weidler street
10,000 square feet of wide-open space
400 guest capacity
Retractable 116” (almost 10 feet) projection screen with LCD projector (HDMI/PC input)
MP3 audio system ready
1900 NW 18th Avenue
up to 225 guests for a seated dinner and 350 for a standing reception
326 SW Broadway
West End Ballroom
PM package includes use of the building for up to 10 hours from 3pm to 2am, $3495
All packages include both ballrooms, use of uplights, lighting, webcam, audio system(s), 180 Chivari chairs, 200 wood folding chairs, must use Aileron Vineyard wines
Daytime private charters starting at $6,760
Evening private charters starting at $8,430
One level rentals starting at $4,290
Space/maximum occupancy: At least 150 (for speaker party), up to 700?
Cost for bus shuttle
- OHSU's southwaterfront facility
- Oaks Park
- Goose Hollow area?
- community centers?
- Wonder Ballroom