From Stumptown Syndicate
Todo's left over from last time
- Christie & Will to connect re: PSU program that Will gets his volunteers from to look for volunteer coordinator volunteer! (Christie thinks Will sent her stuff, will follow up) (I sent an e-mail – I'll reply to give it visibility again – let me know specifically what you need past what I've done, Christie)
- Reid to make wiki logins for Risa and fool (done. Now, what were we supposed to do with that ...start working on fundraising there?)
- Will to turn up crowdsourced font (Christie thinks we are short some software? she's checking) (Alicia has been unresponsive. I passed along the original font, though)
- Christie leftover todos from 2 months ago:
- draft volunteer descriptions
- draft sponsorship prospectus done: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj843j4jgdw335b/BarCamp%20Portland%208%20Sponsorship%20Prospectus.pdf - Risa/fool think it looks great, Christie to decide if that is ok before we start using.
questions needing answers:
- what is our monetary goal for fundraising? - $6500 or so fundraising goal
- third day: what are the parameters for our 3rd-day usage (times available, events to be held)? - Christie: should wait for fundraising to indicate we can support a 3rd day.
- theme? Risa suggests "Hands on" - tentatively accepted, need more fleshing out.
- Risa - sponsorship workflow - has perms to post logos now, is waiting on confirmed-paid status from Kirsten C to post anything ($250 raised so far, suspect new relic is in for $500 as usual, count on $800 from attendees, probably mozilla - ?)
- indiegogo campaign? (cost = ~10% of money raised, some effort) - without a manager, we don't think that effort has legs.
- going forward we need more participation - we need to try to recruit more folks for next meeting to get them involved in something they can help plan rather than just execute.
- Christie to work on whipping CRM into shape tracking for donors/volunteers
- Christie to recycle last year's announcement blog post, post, tweet
- Christie to check on contact for PSU program for volunteers (thinks Will provided it?)
- Christie to confirm her research into font from Alicia
- Christie to finish prospectus review so we can start using it for fundraising.
- Risa to update fundraising howto doc on the stumptown syndicate wiki
- Risa to brainstorm/write up "what hands on means to us at barcamp" :)
- Chris to find rockstars from last year and see if they'll help with this year
- Chris to draft a planning-volunteer (versus day-of) solicitation/kickoff/describe open-planning-process and post to planning list for vetting.
- Chris to merge two planning playbooks into wiki
- all: - Christie to feedback re: travel schedule/meeting date suggestion once she knows new travel schedule next week