We’re seeking a Treasurer
Stumptown Syndicate is looking for a Treasurer! If you’re good with numbers and like making reports, this would be a great way for you to have a positive impact on our programs. Read on for details and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in applying!
The treasurer manages and reports on the organization finances.
The treasurer is responsible to the board and to the organization funders for revenue received and expenses paid. The treasurer is also the interpreter of the organization’s financial data for the board.
- Maintains and monitors bank accounts
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements
- Interprets the information found in the statements for the board
- Assists in the preparation of the budget
- Monitors the budget
- Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures
- Determines policies are being followed
- Performs bookkeeping via Xero
- Works with secretary and our CPA to prepare and submit required tax filings
- Oversees accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Ability to perform basic bookkeeping and other financial tasks in Xero
- Know how to create and reconcile budgets
- Know how to create financial statements (from Xero)
- Ability to work with Secretary and CPA to prepare required tax filings
- Accounting skills sufficient to manage accounts payable and receivable
- Local to Portland, Oregon area
- Average of 2-3 hours a week
- Attendance at monthly board meetings, when needed
Presently the Treasurer role has been an unpaid volunteer one fulfilled by one of our volunteer directors. However, we recognize the time and skills required may make an unpaid commitment unfeasible. If you’re interested in serving as Treasurer, but would need a stipend or other compensation to do so, please let us know.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com letting us know you’re interested. Please introduce yourself, let know know what your background with bookkeeping and accounting is, and if you’ve served in a similar capacity with any other organizations.